1. Start by defining your brand
Review the product or service your business offers, define it’s space in the market and research the emotive and rational needs and concerns of your customers.
2. When building your brand, think of it as a person
Our character is made up of beliefs, values and purposes that define who we are and who we connect with. Our personality determines how we behave in different situations, how we dress and what we say.
3. Consider what is driving your business
What does it believe in, what is its purpose and who are its brand heroes. These things can help establish your emotive brand positioning and inform the identity and character for brand communications.
4. Aim to build long-term relationships with your customers
Don’t dress up your offering and raise expectations that result in broken promises, create trust with honest branding — be clear who your company is and be true to the values that drive it every day.
5. Speak to your customers with a consistent tone of voice
It will help reinforce the business’ character and clarify its offering so customers are aware exactly what to expect from the product or service.
6. Don’t repeat the same message in the same way over and over again.
Alternatively, aim to make your key messages work together to build a coherent identity.
7. Don’t try to mimic the look of chains or big brands
Embrace your own distinctive identity. There is a big consumer trend towards independent establishments, and several chains are in fact trying to mimic an independent feel to capture some of that market.
8. Be innovative, bold & daring – stand for something you believe in
Big brands are often affected by bureaucracy, preventing them from being flexible and reacting to the ever-changing needs of their customers. Those layers can make it hard for them to be daring with their branding.
9. consider your branding when communicating with customers
Try offering more, rather than slashing prices. Promotions are an opportunity to reinforce your brand mission.
10. Stamping your logo on everything won’t be enough
SEND ME THE GUIDE!